LAUNCH Response

  The presentation that stuck with me the most was the one titled "How to Win at Life." The presenter was very personable and didn't seem nervous at all. Her topic discussed tricks that companies use to attract buyers. She used the grocery store as her main example. I didn't realize that the reason milk is in the back of a store is because consumers come into buy it at least once a week due to milk having a short shelf life. The seller is hoping that while on their way to get the milk, a consumer will see other goods and end up purchasing more from the store than they originally intended to. This also applies to the candy section that is at almost every check-out station in a store. The goal of this is to make the candy easily acceptable to the consumer when they are making their final purchases because many peoples' guilty pleasure happens to be sweets. The presentation finished with some advice on how to not be a victim to the tricks employed by sellers.
  Being a freshman and new to Episcopal this year, I really had no idea what LAUNCH was. I was expecting some long presentations, where my classmates and I would have to sit around and wait all day, but I am happy to say that this is not entirely what LAUNCH was. I thought it was great that we were able to move to different rooms to watch the presentations. The change in scenery helped keep me interested in all of the senior's topics. Overall, LAUNCH was a lot more fun than I originally thought it was going to be. It was very cool to see the presentations that the seniors had been working on for two whole years! I also enjoyed the LAUNCH pad during break and tutorial where teachers and students performed music, poetry, and dances. It turned out to a beautiful day weather-wise, which made LAUNCH even better than it already was.

Comments

  1. I also thought that this presentation was interesting because it presented a topic that I never really thought of before, good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction

Describe a time when you were very scared

All About Me