Vocabulary Free Post- Getting a Dog

    Ever since I was little, I had always dreamt of having a pet, but my mom was never a big fan of animals. She hated the idea of shedding, barking or pee in her house. Finally my dad convinced her of getting a poodle. I was utterly shocked that she agreed. We picked a toy poodle in Houma that was small and had quiet parents. In fact, Lucy was the runt of her litter. The day that we were supposed to pick up Lucy, I remember my parents giving me a speech about how I had to take care of her. At the time, I wasn't aware of how big of an undertaking taking care of a dog was actually going to be.
   When we arrived at the breeders house, there were so many puppies in her living room, that I was little overwhelmed. They were all crying or sleeping. When the breeder handed me Lucy I instantly loved her. She was so small and cute. I couldn't wait to take her home. The breeder had my dad sign some papers while I played with our new puppy. She slept for the whole two hour drive home. It was hard to believe she was actually mine. When we got home, my mom was waiting for us at the door. Surprisingly, she also fell in love with our puppy.
   That night Lucy refused to go into her kennel. She also cried all night, which made me really upset, mostly due to lack of sleep. I felt terrible that she was so unhappy, but my parents reassured me that it was only a matter of time before she would be settled in. After a few weeks, she grew accustomed to her new home. Now she loves us and we love her. She has become the fifth member of our family, and I am so happy that we got a dog.

Comments

  1. When I got my dogs, they also took a few weeks to get used to their new home. They barked every night and it also made me feel bad for them. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction

Describe a time when you were very scared

All About Me