White-water Rafting in Canada

   This summer I went to Canada. We went to Tremblant, which is a little north of Montreal in the mountains. The place we stayed at was actually a ski resort. The scenery was beautiful. The mountains were covered in green trees and you could see where all of the ski paths were for during the winter. When we rode the gondola, we saw deer and wildflowers of all colors. At the top of the mountain it was freezing, and there were these disgusting tiny black bugs. The locals said they show up for a week or two every summer, so we were a little unlucky with that.
   One of our activities was white water rafting. We had arranged for someone to pick us up because it was a good drive to get to the river. That day in town was an iron man race, so our guide had trouble picking us up but it eventually all worked out. Our guide's name was Sebastian and he was very nice. He drove a small red car, but he was a huge guy, so it kind of looked like a clown car with all of my family piled in. On the way to the river, Sebastian told us that he was in college studying to be a microbiologist. He was currently working on his twenty page thesis that was required to graduate. He also told us that he was planning on living in the woods because it was free and he loved nature. I'm not sure why that seemed fun to him, but I guess he liked showering and brushing his teeth with a water bottle... lol.
   When we finally got to the river, it was gorgeous. He showed us these beautiful mountains and told us a bunch of stories. One mountain was almost completely flat, and tons of people had tried to free climb it. (Free climbing sounds terrifying and really dangerous to me.) The water was so cold. A French family in another boat was swimming in it, but they live in snow so thats understandable. My favorite part of the whole trip was the rapids. I was pretty cold after, but getting splashed was lots of fun.

Comments

  1. I like to go skiing and I always go with my family every year. I think it would be very interesting to see the ski trails without any snow on them. Also, I love going white-water rafting, it is very fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction

Describe a time when you were very scared

All About Me