Hits and Misses

During English I, we were tasked with many different types of writing. These being, a personal narrative, literary analysis, research paper, and even blogging. In each of these separate projects, there were definitely highs and lows. I think my best work was shone in the research paper, and my worst possibly in the personal narrative. One main reason for my better work in the research paper was because of time. Since the personal narrative was written in the first quarter, I wasn't accustomed to Dr. D's style or even my own for that matter. I also struggled in finding a topic for my personal narrative. It was sort of difficult to remember instances in my life that I could describe in great detail, as well as write enough about.

Taking the summer off probably hurt me in an English sense; meaning I wasn't able to develop or keep up with any of my writing skills. Blogging definitely helped with this because I was being "forced" to practice writing. My research paper was my most successful piece from this year because I was able to learn and grow. I believe that this "growing" has partially been from my move to Episcopal. The welcoming and challenging environment has allowed me to flourish in all aspects, especially English. Overall, I think that I have grown tremendously as a writer from the beginning of the year, and this can be seen significantly in my various papers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction

Describe a time when you were very scared

All About Me