Garden Poem

The Garden

I wait outside the garden wall,
Searching for my brother's blue baseball.
I search around the bright white gate,
I hear a voice, that tells me to "wait".
The gate then opens to reveal,
A scene that almost made me kneel.
The roses, yellow, pink, and red,
Were like a sunset that had spread.
And then I saw the most beautiful sight,
A tree with flowers black as night.
The voice called out, begging me to stay,
So I turned around and all went gray.

I used end rhyme, a little alliteration, imagery, and two similes

Comments

  1. I love your poem! All of your techniques were definitely evident throughout the poem. They created euphony overall. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction

Describe a time when you were very scared

All About Me