Free Post- My House Gets Painted

   Whenever my parents built my house, (16 years ago) they chose colors that were current and popular during that year. Over time, my mom was unhappy with the colors she had chosen a nearly a decade and a half ago, so she decided to have the entire house painted! This might not sound like a lot, but when you have to take everything out of cabinets, tables, shelves, etc. it gets a little annoying. After doing some research, mom decided on the workers that were going to paint the house, and the colors for everything. She ended up choosing a lighter, fresher color, that she used in every room, which really does brighten up the house a lot.
  My parents decided it was best to start the job during Mardi Gras Break. We weren't traveling anywhere, and my sister and I would be out of school, so it wouldn't be a problem if my mom needed to leave the house while we were getting to know the guys. They arrived at 7am every morning and normally didn't leave until 5 or 6 at night, which was very professional of them. Their craftsmanship was impeccable, and they were actually very quick at their job. It only took about 3 weeks for them to paint out entire house, except for a couple of rooms. During that 3 week period, it was a little bit of a struggle trying to make breakfast in the morning, or get around the piles of furniture in the living room, but I am very glad that it was done. My favorite memory from the whole experience is coming home from school, and hearing the workers play their Spanish music, which of course they sang along to. This made it a little difficult trying to do homework, but my sister and I definitely made it work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction

Describe a time when you were very scared

All About Me