Creative Free Post: My Dog gets Sick

   My dog's name is Lucy. She is 1 right now, but her birthday is April 22nd, so she will be two in about a month. Lucy is a 6lb toy poodle, but she thinks she is 80 lbs. We often call her a "diva," (because she has a lot of attitude) but we love her more than anything. Before we got Lucy, my mom swore she would never let a dog live in her house, but after a lot of begging and reassurance that my sister and I would take care of her, my mom finally let us get a dog.

   About a month ago, my sister and I were playing with Lucy in the living room. We noticed a spot under her chin that was red and bloody, almost like she had been scratching herself. We immediately brought her to my dad, and he decided to take her to the vet in the morning. After school, my dad told us that the vet said that Lucy had a "hot spot," which would clear up soon if we applied prescription powder to Lucy's neck. The powder worked for a little while, but Lucy soon started scratching again, and the spot popped open. Also, there was another spot on her back where yet another "hot spot" was starting to appear. Lucy took another trip to vet, which was again filled with shots. However, this time the vet took a sample of Lucy's "hot spots" and decided to send them off to the lab. There really wasn't anything we could do because the spot on her neck meant she couldn't wear an E-collar.

   After the vet got the sample back from the lab, we were told Lucy had a staff infection. This particular infection was immune to most antibiotics. It was a matter of trying things until something worked, or Lucy could get worse and worse. After the first round of antibiotics didn't work, I started to worry that Lucy might not make it through all of this. We were having trouble getting her to eat in addition to all of the meds she was having to take. Thankfully, the second round of antibiotics worked. We started to see a positive change in Lucy's behavior; she began eating again and her spots starting improving. Now, Lucy is fully healed and back to her normal self. I am so thankful that her vet was able to cure her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction

Describe a time when you were very scared

All About Me