Thanksgiving Free Post

   My week off was a much needed break from the busyness of school. I finally got to sleep in and relax! The beginning of my week was pretty calm. My family mostly just hung out around the house. On Tuesday I volunteered at the Sheppard's food market and helped hand out food to those in need. It was a really positive way to spend my time and give back to the community. On Tuesday night, my family headed down to New Orleans to celebrate Thanksgiving with my dad's family. We had dinner with my grandparents and my dad's aunts and uncles that live in different states. Some of my aunts and uncles I hadn't seen in a few years. After breakfast on Wednesday morning, we drove back to Baton Rouge.
   In my family we eat Thanksgiving lunch instead of Thanksgiving dinner. I love it because we get to eat the leftovers for dinner. My granny makes the best sweet potato casserole ever. It is my favorite food that she makes, and she makes the best foods. Another tradition we have in my family is taking fall pictures. I was so excited that it was cool enough to wear a sweater on Thanksgiving day. For dessert my mom picked up a bundt cake to celebrate the birthdays coming up. My uncle's was on Friday, and mine is coming up on Sunday. Birthdays are super special in my family, so I cannot wait to turn 15!

Comments

  1. Whenever my family gathers for thanksgiving I also see many of my family members I had not seen in a while. My family eats thanksgiving lunch, not dinner, also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction

Describe a time when you were very scared

All About Me